Our Bilyeus As We Know Them
Hannah Elizabeth "Polly" Bilyeu
Connecting to Mary Jane Louallen
(Photo of John Whitten Bilyeu is located at bottom of this page.)
Isacc A. Bilyeu (Billiou) b. 1799 Allegahany, Va. was a fur trader in 1st Reg., Bradley's
Tenn. Vol in War of 1812
Isacc d. 1860/65 probably in Carroll Co., Ark.
Isacc married Mary Ann Workman abt 1824. Mary Ann was b. 1787 in CumberLand, Md.
Found Mary Ann Workman:
Children of Isacc & Mary Ann Bilyeu:
1. Jacob b. 1803 Overton Co., Tenn.
2. Elizabeth Louisa b. 1813 Overton Co., Tenn.
3. Margaret "Peggy" Ann b. 1821
4. Stephen William b. 1824 Kentucky
5. Mary Ann "Polly" b. 1811/1824 Overton Co., Tenn.
6. Rachel b. 13 Sept 1832
7. Isacc b. 12 Dec 1812
8. John Whitten b. 14 March 1809 Overton Co., Tenn
9. Maryjane Jane "Jennie (Ballew/Bilyeu) b. 22 May 1785?
10. Dianna b. 16 May 1817 Marion, Tenn.
11. Dianna b. 16 May 1817 Marion, Tenn.
John Whitten Bilyeu b. 14 Mar 1809 Overton Co., Tenn. married Sarah Frances Harp b. 7 May
1810 in Overton Co., Tenn. John Whitten & Sarah were married 28 July 1832 in Crawford Co., now Glaze Twnp., Miller
(See notes at bottom of this page for more about John Whitten Bilyeu)
Children of John Whitten & Sarah:
1. Wiett b. 25 Dec. 1835 Crawford Co., now Miller CO., Mo.
2. Stephen b. 25 Oct 1846 in Mo.
3. Cornelius Mildredge "Millie" b. 1837 in Miller City
4. Isacc William b. 1 Oct 1838 Kings River, Carroll, Co., Ark
5. John Henry b. 19 May 1840 Miller Co., Mo.
6. Martha b. 13 Sept 1844 Miller Co., Mo.
7. Jacob Marion b. 20 June 1842, Mo.
8. Martin Fisher b. 24 Feb 1849 Taney Co., Mo.
9. Caldonia b. 11 Feb. 1852, Ark.
10. Alf Bolin b. Adopted
11. John Stratton b. Adopted
Wiett Bilyeu b. 25 Dec 1835 Crawford Co., Now Miller City, Missouri, died 21 Feb 1917 in
Bull Creek , Mo. He was buried 22 Feb. 1917 at Highlandville Cemetery, Highlandville, Mo.
Wiett Bilyeu 1st married Mary Jane Louallen b. 1837 in Tenn. Wiett & Mary Jane m.
in 1856/58 in Ozark, Christian Co., Mo.
Mary Jane Louallen is Lu Dawn's Great Great Grandmother.
Children of Wiett Bilyeu & Mary Jane Louallen:
1. Sarah Emmaline (Tooley) (Tulie) b. 1 Jan. 1858 Taney Co., Mo., d. 1935 Newton Co., Mo., buried:Burson
2. Hannah Elizabeth "Polly b. 23 Jan 1859 Christain Co., Mo. d. 12 Jan. 1958 Ozark,
Mo., buried Spokane, Mo.
Wiett 2nd m. Mary Jane Hanks Brown b. 1839/40 Maury Co., Tenn. Wiett & Mary Jane Hanks Brown were
m. in 1861 in Christian Co., Mo.
Children of Wiett & Mary Jane Hanks Brown:
1. Wiett Benton b. 12 Nov. 1875/76 Ozark, Mo.
2. Nancy A.
3. John Franklin b. 26 Dec. 1877, Mo.
4. George Washington b. 8 Oct. 1864
5. William Thomas b. 6 Jan. 1867, Mo.
6. Susan M. b. 1 Dec. 1869 Ozark, Mo.
7. Laura Virginia b. 17 March 1871, Mo.
8. Mary Jane b. 17 April 1873, Mo.
9. Addie Belinda b. 6 Feb. 1880
10. James b. 1882
Wiett 3rd m. abt 1883 to Edith Jane Eakins Rose b. 14 Oct. 1845.
Children of Wiett & Edith :
1. Litisha (Lutisha Bama) b. 24 Nov. 1883
2. Martha Ann b. 10 Oct 1885/86
3.Ora Mabel b. 2 Jan. 1889 Ozark, Mo.
Hannah Elizabeth "Polly" Bilyeu b. 23 Jan. 1859 in Christain Co., Mo., died 12 Jan. 1958
Christain Co., Mo. Polly was a midwife. Polly married William Hilton on 27 July 1879 in Christain Co., Mo.
Polly is Lu Dawn's Great Grandmother.
(See Hilton Page for more on Grammy Polly & William Hilton)
A personal note to: John Mitchell of Springfield, Missouri - I have ordered a copy of your book!
Uncle Bill - I have your book also! And you signed it for me!
More About John Whitten Bilyeu
John Whitten Bilyeu was postmaster of Kings River (now Kingston Area of Madison County, Ark.) 1837 - 1838.
He was appointed postmaster for Kings River, Ark., 7 Sept. 1837.
He adopted two sons - Alf Bolin (notorius background) and John S. Stratton (interesting story here).
John Whitten was a slave owner before the Civil War.
See "Tales of the Bull Creek Country" written by John Mitchell of Springfield, Mo.
John Whitten served in Civil War under Captain Galloway, Co. 1, Stone County Home Guard.